Thursday 21 August 2014

Meet Ayngelina Brogan - a Canadian passionate culinary travel blogger!

Profile: 

Ayngelina Brogan
Live in Toronro, Canda
Attended Mount Saint Vincent University
Culirary travel blogger at Baconismagic
Follow her on Google+, Instagram and Twitter

‘’In 2010 I started the blog Bacon is Magic to document a career break from the world of advertising. I planned to travel 1-2 years and then return to my career but it’s been five years since I bought a one-way ticket to Mexico and I have no plans to go back to my old life.‘’

This week I had the privilege to have an interview via email with a very popular travel blogger from Canada - Ayngelina Brogan. 

Angelina is a very passionate and unique blogger in my opinion. She decided to answer my interview questions, send me the photos and help me out with my content even though we never met before, which is a rather shocking news for a beginner like me. I found it inspiring that we have so many things in common: food, solo travelling, blogging, and marketing. Ayngelina has been to both Finland and Vietnam, those countries I consider my first and second hometown since I was born in one and now I am living in the other. Let’s hear what she said about these two destinations, and about travelling for females, especially female bloggers, and young people in general!

Finland


The chance to visit Finland came to Ayngelina out of an invitation from a tourism board. She decided to go back then even though it was the winter when people usually look for some sunny warmer country. It is still now a surprise for me to hear from Ayngelina that Finnish people in Helsinki are warm in the winter. Honestly, I never ever thought that could be true, after living in Helsinki for more than 2 years! Yet it must be different to be a traveller here, and I agree with her that Porvoo was actually a nice city full of friendly people during the last time I visited it in April. 

And the best thing in the Finnish  winter is visiting Lapland besides to see ‘’Santa Claus and Northern Light’’, is to try Sauna and Frozen Lake/Snow’’-which I am glad to hear that Ayngelina have tried!





Ayngeline loves all the traditional food of Finland, especially reindeer soup and the rye bread. Valkosipuli (Garlic) soup was her favourite!

Vietnam

One of the best things I am always proud of, when introducing Vietnam as a touristic destination to people, is Vietnamese cuisine. People either liked or fell in loved with the food if they have been to Vietnam, or they have tried the dishes before. Angeline proved that I was right: ‘’ Vietnam has such fantastic soup, not just Pho but also Bun Cha and a number of other delights. I could happily live off soup in Vietnam.’’ said Ayngelina. She also likes the calming energy of Vietnam.


Bun Bo Hue- one of Ayngeline's favourite soup in Vietnam

How few street-food is made in Vietnam, which may not look hygiene but taste dilicious!
Attractive as the cuisine and adventures in Vietnam may sound, it is still nowadays a dangerous country as you can get robbed or stolen in public. And Ayngelina was one of the unlucky tourists to be robbed in Sai Gon. It is always better to go with the locals when travelling in Vietnam, or anywhere else in Asia!

It may look like a fancy life full of trips and delicious dishes for a famous culinary blogger but Ayngelia also had to go through difficult times and lots of challenges. At the age of 32, she decided to leave her life and start a new one, which has been at first scary and lonely, and it has been now 5 years of continuous travelling and blogging for her. Having created her own new career, she understands that that entrepreneurship is risky, challenging and requiring. You need to be hard working, innovative and committed with your business, but ‘’it is wonderful to make a living from your passion!’’, said Ayngelina.


Ayngelina in Pacaya

I have learnt so much from what Ayngelina had shared, and one of those things is that no matter what you like - travelling, doing business, or something else, follow your heart!


You will find the true values in it!



Author: Huong Nguyen (Honey)

Photo: Ayngelina Brogan 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet stories on my way eating around Europe