Sunday 17 August 2014

Beautiful 19 year-old Brasilian solo female traveller in Europe


Profile:

Aline Da Silva Delgado
Born on 20th November 1994
Studying Business Administration in FGV University
Sao Paolo, Brasil

I was lucky to have met Aline this summer in Szczecin, Poland where we both worked. The first and also last impression I had on her was that Aline has always been a beautiful inspiring young but mature traveller. Started travelling at the age of 17, she has been first time to London for couples of months in a course, then to Paris in 2012. Until 2014, Aline has been to 5 countries in Europe: England, France, Poland, Hungary and Germany.




What do you think about Europe in general, and Poland?

''I like Europe even though most of my friends and family always want to go to the US because it is closer to Brazil. To me Europe has a special culture and history which I want to learn, and everything in the same place: sights, nightlife, different languages in every countries I go to. Poland surprised me a lot because at first I did not want to go there for my internship, though eventually I love Polish history and it was amazing to know that they fight and suffered so much during the 2nd World War for the independence of their country. Polish people now have a beautiful country, good education and  great discipline.''

Szczecin, Poland

Berlin Wall, Germany
Munich, Germany
London, UK


Which city do you love most in Europe?

''I am in love with London and everything about British and their accent (smile). I felt like London was the safest city where I could do everything by myself including going back home alone after nightclub. The education, discipline and punctuality of English people are amazing.''


Stonehengen, England


What difficulties did you have during your trips?

''In London I was living with a Swiss guy and a host mother. One night he offered me chocolate because people have always been saying that Swiss chocolate is the best. So he came to my room to give the chocolate and we had a chat. After having seen us together and getting misunderstood, our host mother was very angry and furious, saying that she did not like this kind of disrespectful thing happening in her house.

Also, one time I went to a concert with a friend and by the time it ended there was no bus or metro getting to our place because we lived really far away from the center. It was really cold in the winter and snowing every where. Everyone there was British so they were coming with cars. Even the taxi drivers did not want to get us to our place because of the heavy snow and we had to be on the street freezing for 5 to 6 hours until we can get the public transport to home. It was such an experience!

Another cultural difference that had caused me trouble in London was that some people did not like when I use some American words and pronunciation, or when I am not punctual.''

Budapest, Hungary

Budapest, Hungary
New York, US



What would advise young travellers nowadays?

''I think you should find people you like and get along to travel with, otherwise your trip would be so bad. Young female travellers should be able to take care of themselves, and need to pay attention to watching out everything around. They should of course also enjoy, go party and visit everything in the city. Especially when travelling people should not arrive in the country with the impression based on what other people had. For example, if you go to England with the bad typical prejudice about British people that they are not kind, it would be difficult to have good time there. And the same thing applies to every country, even with Brazil. You should always see things with your own eyes!''

Photo: Aline Delgado
All rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. You also shared a beautiful post. I like it. If you're savvy female then you should book via comparison websites.
    compare airport parking
    Heathrow park and ride

    ReplyDelete

Sweet stories on my way eating around Europe